THE STUDY ON THE EFFECTS OF CULTURALLY DETERMINATED FACTORS ON THE TRANSLATION PROCESS
The article deals with the study of the translation process as a phenomenon of intercultural communication. It aims to study the aspects of the influence of culturally determined factors on the translation process and its results. In the process of this research, the national-cultural modality of translation is determined. Meta-translation is defined as the result of a complex interaction of languages that are part of the structural translation’s paradigm. Translation is understood as mental interpretive activity, as the main and central mechanism of intercultural communication. The translation process is a desire to understand another culture. It can be considered a subjective interpretation of the text, which depends on the extent of combining the cognitive bases of the native and translated languages in the mind of the translator's linguistic personality. The article focuses on the specifics of translation activities in intercultural communication. The structure of translation activities determines the presence of an integration object, which serves as a discourse. The discourse in the translation aspect is defined as verbally mediated professional work of an
interpreter. Professional linguistic personality is formed in the discourse. The interaction of different types of knowledge takes place and the concept is formed as a collection of all types of special knowledge. It is emphasized that the optimal solution of translation tasks depends not only on the translator's cognition, but also on his associative competence, which determines the ethno-cultural reflection of conceptual structures and their verbal codes that present the model of a certain linguacultural society. The article presents the model of discourse in translation, which is based on the understanding of mediated communication in the process of translation as an activity. The components of the model structure the components of the verbal and mental representation of translation activity.
2. Современное переводоведение. Учебное пособие. / В. Н. Комиссаров – М.: ЭТС, 2001. – 424 с.
3. Мунен Ж. Переводчик, слово и понятие // Перевод – средство взаимного сближения народов / Ж. Мунен – М.: Прогресс, 1987. – С. 136–141.
4. Федоров А. В. Основы общей теории перевода / А. В. Федоров. – М.: Высшая школа, 1983. – 303 с.
5. Швейцер А.Д. Теория перевода: статус, проблемы аспекты / А. Д. Швейцер – изд. 2–е. – М.: Книжный дом “Либроком”, 2009. – 216 с.
6. Jakobson R. Aphasia as a Linguistic Problem // R. Jakobson / Psycholinguistics: a Book of Readings. – New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston, Inc. 1955.
7. Mi11er G. The Psychology of Communication. / G. Mi11er – N. Y., 1967.
8. Мi11еr G., Вeebe-Center J. G. Some Psychological Methods for Evaluating the Quality of Translation. In: "Mechanical Translation", III, 1956. – P. 73 – 80.
9. Toury G. The Nature and Role of Norms in Translation. In Venuti, L. The Translation Studies Reader // G. Toury – London: Routledge, 1978, revised 1995.