LINGUISTIC MEANS OF COMIC EFFECT COMPOSING IN THE POLITICAL DISCOURSE
The article is concerned with the need to analyze how political discourse can persuade and motivate the audience to act and describe which role plays comic effects in political speech as need for power. Humor has brightened up boring political discussions and facilitated their perceptions. The study of political humor is considered an actual theme today, while each politician uses humor in his speech, not only to give expression and emotionality to his views, but also to maintain his
political image. Political humor is one of the ways to bring a power representative closer to the people, to make a politician understandable, and his language more accessible and attractive to the audience.
The aim of our research is to identify linguistic means by which the comic effect is achieved in political discourse. The aim of the work caused the formulation of the following tasks: to explain the phenomenon of discourse and to define its concept; to define comic effect in political discourse; to analyze the usage of comic elements in political discourse based on the late-night shows.
This article analyses the usage of the linguistic means with the help of which humorous effect is achieved in British and American political discourse based on the late-night shows. The comic effect in the late-night shows, is reached not only by linguistic means, but also by intonation, mimics and gestures. Almost each speech of politicians in Great Britain and especially in the USA involves joke. In summary, it follows that comic effect is complex and insufficiently explored in political discourse, but extremely interesting phenomenon that needs further study.
2. Нагорна Л. П. Політична мова і мовна політика: діапазон можливостей політичної лінгвістики / Л. П. Нагорна. – К.: Світогляд, 2005. – 315 с.
3. Сахарчук Л. І. Методологія комунікативних досліджень / Л. І. Сахарчук. – К.: Київськ. нац. ун-т імені Тараса Шевченка, 2006. – 214 с.
4. Шевченко І. С. Дискурс як когнітивно-комунікативний феномен / І. С. Шевченко, [ та ін.]. – Харків: Константа, 2005. – 356 с.
5. Fraser B. What are discourse markers? / B. Fraser // Journal of pragmatics. – USA: Boston University. – № 31.
6. The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson [Електронний ресурс] – Режим доступу до ресурсу: http://www.tv.com/shows/the-late-late-show-with-craig-ferguson/watch/.