THE REPRESENTATION OF THE CONCEPT IDENTITY IN THE SPANISH LANGUAGE PICTURE OF THE WORLD (BASED ON THE MATERIAL OF THE PENINSULAR NATIONAL VARIANT OF THE SPANISH LANGUAGE)
The article is dedicated to the image of Spain through the prism of the concept of IDENTITY, which is one of the key concepts of the linguistic and cultural space of the country. There are concepts that have a particular value in the cognitive space and culture of a country, because they define a whole set of values and attitudes of this community. One of such key words of Spanish linguoculture is identity, which acts as a concept and covers many areas of life. In conditions of globalization of the world with its universalization of values, the Spaniards conserve their identity, that as a concept in the aggregate of a multitude of essences, signs and phenomena permeates cognitive space and determines the linguistic picture of the world. In the field of view of such direction, the language is examined not only as a system for the embodiment of cultural values, but also as a system for displaying the national tradition, explicates the connection between mentality, language, language consciousness of the representatives of society and the world picture. This study identifies and analyzes the basic extralinguistic factors such as theater, flamenco, tauromachy and football. The influence of these factors on the formation of lexical units, which are a culturally significant vocabulary and reflect the main features of the culture of the Spaniards, was investigated. The article considers the formation and development of the culturally significant vocabulary of the peninsular national variant of the Spanish language, reveals the forms of interrelation of the lexical originality of the Spanish language with the mentality and linguistic picture of the Spaniards, and analyzes the role of cultural dominants in the formation of the concept IDENTITY. The analysis reveals the Spanish national identity not simply as a set of individual characters, but as a mutual influence of the participants of this lingua community. The analysis of relations and values makes it possible to show the national character and mentality of the modern Spaniard.
2. Дрю Лоней. Эти странные испанцы. – М.: Эгмонт Россия Лтд, 1999. – 33 с.
3. Попова З.Д., Стернин И.А. Когнитивная лингвистика. – М.: АСТ: Восток-Запад, 2007. – 314 с.
4. Хосе Ортега-і-Гассет. Гойя і народне [Електронний ресурс]. – Режим доступу : http://lib.ru/FILOSOF/ORTEGA/ortega20.txt
5. Nieto J. G. Geografía es amor. – Madrid : Espasa Calpe, 1982. – 215 p.
6. Nomdedeu Rull A. Terminología del fútbol y diccionarios: elaboración de un diccionario de especialidad para el gran público [Електронний ресурс]. – Режим доступу: https://goo.gl/r4JAi1
7. Salvador de Madariaga. Spain: A modern history – New York: Frederick A. Praeger, 1958. – 736 p.
8. Diccionario de Real Academia Española [Електронний ресурс]. – Режим доступу : http://dle.rae.es/?id=a7OUuTR