BORROWING AS A WAY OF TERMS CREATION IN CASE OF DANCE TERMINOLOGY
The article considers borrowing as a way of creating terms. The object of borrowing are terms, linguistic units that reflect the cultural characteristics of a particular ethnic community. The most important reason of borrowing is the realization that another language can be a source for the acquisition of values, achievements or lifestyle.
This topic is relevant because the issues related to the dance terminology, ways of its replenishment and development are not sufficiently studied at the moment, as the dance terminology is in the stage of formation. Dance art is one of the connecting components of folk life, part of the national wealth of the region, moreover, it is means of transferring and preserving of cultural values.
In our research, we will consider the borrowing that took place in the English terminology of classical and modern dance. To do this, we have studied the sources of borrowing in the terminology of dance, compared sources of borrowing of classical and modern choreography in different languages.
Dance terminology is taken as the subject of research. The purpose of the research is to analyze the borrowed terms of the dance sphere, which allows not only to trace their penetration, adaptation and use in the English language, but also to record the processes of their introduction into the linguistic picture of the world. The share of borrowings in modern English is investigated. The definition of the term "borrowing" and the views of various scholars on borrowing problems are given, the reasons of lexical borrowings and their influence on the formation of the recipient language are considered.
The study examines the ways in which borrowing takes place in English and identifies languages that continue to replenish the dance terminology in English and the causes that caused the intense penetration of dance lexical units from one language to another. Also, the article is about "internationalisms", which do not have particular difficulties for understanding and translation
2. Заботкина В. А. Новая лексика современного английского языка / В. А. Заботкина. – М., 1989. – 223 с.
3. Большой энциклопедический словарь (БЭС) Языкознание/ Под ред. В. Н. Ярцевой. 2-е изд. Лингвистического словаря 1990 года. – М. : Большая Российская энциклопедия, 2000. – 685 с.
4. Суперанская А. В. Общая терминология: Вопросы теории / А. В. Суперанская. – М. : Наука, 1989. – 246 с.
5. Акуленко В. В. Вопросы интернационализации словарного состава языка / В. В. Акуленко. – Харьков: Изд-во Харьковского университета, 1972. – 265 с.
6. Реформатский А. А. Введение в языкознание / А. А. Реформатский. – 4-е изд. – М., 1967. – 544 с.