THE WORD-BUILDING PROCESSES WITHIN THE WORD-FORM BREXIT
The following work is devoted to the problem of word-building processes within the word-form Brexit in modern English. It is established that coined in 2012 with the help of compounding
the word Brexit and the formed from it words Brexiter та Brexiteer were officially fixed in English dictionaries. The other words which were formed and which are in process of constant forming from the word-form Brexit were analyzed in the following work. It is clarified that newly coined words are actively circulating in English but have no official fixation in English dictionaries. It is stressed that their meaning is contextually relevant. It is established that the new coined words from the word-form Brexit were created both with the help of morphological ways of word-building such as affixation, compounding and with the help of some other ways of word-building such as conversion and telescopy. It is proved that the process of creating new words from the word-form Brexit is rather the process of language phenomenon then the process of stable language unit because of their inadequate usage among the native speakers of English as well as of the fact that their adaptation among the native users needs some more time.
The structural method, the method of qualitative and quantitative calculation as the methodological basis for the given research help to investigate the newly coined words both from the point of their structure and from the point of their qualitative and quantitative peculiarities. The method of inductive and deductive analysis is used for theoretical generalization, conclusions formulation, regularities derivation establishment as well as for future investigation prospects
Key words: word-building processes, affixation, conversion, compounding and telescopy .
2. Amazon.co.uk. Головна сторінка [Електронний ресурс] – Режим доступу: https://www.amazon.co.uk
1. 3. English Oxford Living Dictionaries. Brexit © Oxford University Press [Електронний ресурс] – Режим доступу: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/brexit
3. English Oxford Living Dictionaries. Brexiter © Oxford University Press [Електронний ресурс] – Режим доступу: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/brexiter
4. English Oxford Living Dictionaries. Brexiteer © Oxford University Press [Електронний ресурс] – Режим доступу: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/brexiteer
5. Ivestopedia. Brexodus [Електронний ресурс] – Режим доступу: http://www.investopedia.com /terms/b/brexodus.asp
6. Joris Luyendijk. Brexodus has begun. We EU nationals know staying on is too big a gamble // The Guardian. – 29.06.2017 [Електронний ресурс] – Режим доступу: https://www.theguardian.com /commentisfree/2017/jun/29/brexodus-eu-nationals-citizenship-uk-brexit
7. Rowena Mason, Daniel Boffey, Philip Oltermann. David Davis warns EU not to put 'politics above prosperity' in Brexit talks // The Guardian. – 17.11.2017 [Електронний ресурс] – Режим доступу: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/16/david-davis-warns-eu-not-to-put-politics-above-prosperity-in-brexit-talks
8. William Keegan. We had a lot on our plate already: Brexit was the last thing we needed // The Guardian. – 14.01.2018 [Електронний ресурс] – Режим доступу: https://www.theguardian.com /business/2018/jan/14/brexit-last-thing-needed-lot-on-plate-young-people