FORMAL AND SEMANTIC INDICATORS OF EXPLANATORY CONNECTION OF THE TEXT PARTS
The features of the functioning of the explanation at the text level have been clarified in the article, namely, such feature of the text segment as the presence of formal and semantic indicators that signal the nature of the relation of components has been analyzed.
The purpose of the article is to analyze the means of connection and relation between sentences in the text, which is the perspective of studying text in the framework of linguistics.
The methodological basis of the research is the understanding of the explanation as a phenomenon, the formation and operation of which is mostly conditioned by communicative and pragmatic factors. Methods of the research are determined by its purpose and tasks. The method of functional analysis of syntactic constructions, descriptive and transformational methods are used in the article.
Results: the understanding of the language as a dichotomous phenomenon and the need of the interrelated study of the levels of the formation and functioning of syntactic units has a significant importance for clarifying the essence and features of explanation as a linguistic phenomenon, that determines the studying of the functioning of explanatory structure at the level of a complex syntactic unit – the text.
The ability of explanation to function at the text level opens to the author wide possibilities for a detailed linguistic presentation of information with the greatest consideration of the needs of the listener and his background knowledge on the path to understanding. As means of explanatory connection in the text serve various lexical and grammatical variants – conjunctions and connecting words. The most commonly used explanatory conjunction is the word, which completely expresses the explanatory and identical relation between the components, but at the same time acts as an invariant to other explanatory conjunctions, which are more specialized in expressing other types of explanatory relation. In the arsenal of formal and semantic means of connection there are many connective analogues, among which: точніше, вірніше, краще, words with generalizing and commenting meaning словом (одним словом, декількома словами), коротше and etc.
Conclusions: the peculiarity of the text segment as an explanatory structure is such a formal feature, as the presence of means that signal the nature of the relations of components. Formal and semantic indicators of explanatory connection, supported by the semantics of parts, warn about the identity of the content of parts, which satisfies the requirements for the explanatory relation within the text. At the same time, the conjunctions more detailed point to the explanatory relations of different types, whereas analogues of conjunctions can vary their functional perspective.
2. Загнітко А. П. Теоретична граматика української мови: синтаксис: Монографія. Донецьк: ДонНУ, 2001. 662 с.
3. Ляпон М. В. Смысловая структура сложного предложения и текст. К типологии внутритекстовых отношений. М.: Наука, 1986. 200 с.
4. Ойце И. М. Сложные предложения с пояснением в современном русском языке: автореф. дис. … канд. филол. наук. М., 1965. 18 с.
5. Сучасна українська мова: підручник / за ред. О.Д. Пономарева. К., 1997. 400 с.
6. Христіанінова Р. О. Формально-граматична організація складносурядних речень / Р. О. Христіанінова // Наукові записки Бердянського держ. пед. ун-ту. Філологічні науки : [зб. наук. ст.] / [гол. ред. В. А. Зарва]. – Бердянськ : ФОП Ткачук О. В., 2014. – Вип. ІV. – С. 171–179.